Aromantic Asexuals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aromantic Asexuals

A community for aromantic asexuals to connect and discuss, in whatever depth, aromanticism.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An aromantic checking out this forum for the first time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Caspian

Caspian

An aromantic checking out this forum for the first time Empty
PostSubject: An aromantic checking out this forum for the first time   An aromantic checking out this forum for the first time Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:23 pm

Hi, I'm Caspian. I found out about this forum from AVEN and am just poking in my head to see what's going on here Smile.

I identify as aromantic asexual since I've never experienced sexual or romantic attraction. All I really want a best friend. And I have, over time, had a couple different best friends. But eventually, they've ended up meeting their own “special someones” and then I'm no longer their best friend.

If I ever find myself in a special friendship which I desire to prevent from ending (i.e., my friend being whisked away, as all my previous best friends have been), I feel like I could eventually learn to compromise– perhaps even appreciate– romantic gestures if the other person was so inclined. Over the course of a long and healthy relationship, I might even have sex. I'm not repulsed... there are just so many things I'd rather do, and romance just seems like a long, drawn out, and pointless exercise.

Of course, I have no idea how I would ever find myself in such a relationship… but I leave that option open, however unlikely it may be.

Anyhow, that's me. So.... hi!
Back to top Go down
Almagest

Almagest

An aromantic checking out this forum for the first time Empty
PostSubject: Re: An aromantic checking out this forum for the first time   An aromantic checking out this forum for the first time Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 1:32 am

Welcome! Smile Hopefully this place will be a little more active in the (near) future. *hopes*
Back to top Go down

An aromantic checking out this forum for the first time
Page 1 of 1