Aromantic Asexuals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aromantic Asexuals

A community for aromantic asexuals to connect and discuss, in whatever depth, aromanticism.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hi, I'm Rainbow Amoeba

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rainbow Amoeba

Rainbow Amoeba

Hi, I'm Rainbow Amoeba Empty
PostSubject: Hi, I'm Rainbow Amoeba   Hi, I'm Rainbow Amoeba Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:35 am

Hi there, I'm Rainbow Amoeba, I have a blog (Rainbow Amoeba's Petri Dish) and I identify as asexual and aromantic. I think it's a good idea to have a dedicated forum for this.

I'm French and live in France, I'm six weeks away from completing my master's degree in Information Management, I'm a vegetarian with vegan tendencies, and a month ago I attended the Scandinavian Meetup in Helsinki and had lots of fun there. I love dogs, turtles, travelling, and cooking, among other things.

Well, I don't know what else you might want to know, so just ask questions if you want to know more. Smile Most answers might be on my AVEN profile though - especially the definition of my full identity (polypanemotional aromantic asexual lesbian).

Back to top Go down
http://www.rainbowamoeba.com/petridish
Lors

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Rainbow Amoeba   Hi, I'm Rainbow Amoeba Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Rainbow Amoeba wrote:
(polypanemotional aromantic asexual lesbian).
You are just asking to be asked about that? Smile

Information Management - is that a librarian-y type qualification or mean something completely different?

Over here (in the UK), some places call their library studies courses Information Management because "library" sounds boring". I'm doing Library and Information Studies, but they changed it to Library Science, which I think is a little silly.
Back to top Go down
Rainbow Amoeba

Rainbow Amoeba

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Rainbow Amoeba   Hi, I'm Rainbow Amoeba Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 4:41 am

Broadly, yes, Information Management is a librarian-y type qualification. :-D

The long story is that in France, information professionals fall into two categories: "bibliothécaires", who work in public and academic libraries, and "documentalistes", who work in business companies and media companies. I'm trained as a digital "documentaliste", which now covers a larger field, including datamining, knowledge management, strategic intelligence, and so on - so I prefer describing it as Information Management, as I haven't chosen yet which specific job I prefer. So I think it must be pretty similar to Library and Information Studies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rainbowamoeba.com/petridish
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm Rainbow Amoeba   Hi, I'm Rainbow Amoeba Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm Rainbow Amoeba
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aromantic Asexuals :: Community :: Introductions-
Jump to: