Aromantic Asexuals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aromantic Asexuals

A community for aromantic asexuals to connect and discuss, in whatever depth, aromanticism.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Verp-a-derp

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Verp

Verp

Verp-a-derp Empty
PostSubject: Verp-a-derp   Verp-a-derp Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:14 am

Hello!

I go be the name Verp at AVEN and Viittaperkele at aseksuaalit.net and various other place, pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'm aromantic asexual and while I'm emotionally rather detached and distant, I'm not emotionally or socially impaired! The learning curve was just a bit higher, that's all. I would consider myself well adapted since I'm currently learning a very social profession and trying to wedge myself into politics with equally varied success as most people. I'm also waiting for the time when I don't have to be so concerned with my studies so I can immerse myself into a few organisations and make useful contacts. Who knows, maybe I'll even found my own organisation someday.

Anyway, while I'm not very expressive emotionally, I occasionally find myself to be very annoyed at the near immunity that matters of romance have in my society. While erotic material and other sexual things are easy to take apart and criticise, I think romance gets a free pass far too often. This is why I'm here, actually: to both pick an annoying itch and to have a zone that's free from it. Let's see if this works, shall we?
Back to top Go down
Cilas

Verp-a-derp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Verp-a-derp   Verp-a-derp Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi Verp! =)

I also think that romance gets an all free pass when it shouldn't. It's like people don't want others to even try and look at romance from a more critical/objective perspective.. you might as well tell others that you kill babies and eat them for dinner!

Movies/fiction don't help in that department at all, notice how 99.99999% of the time any character is cynical, or says 'romance? not for me/not right now' it's always the 'LOL, he/she says that, but sooner or later *nudge nudge wink wink* implication? It really ticks me off

Hope you enjoy your stay =)

Back to top Go down

Verp-a-derp
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aromantic Asexuals :: Community :: Introductions-
Jump to: