Aromantic Asexuals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aromantic Asexuals

A community for aromantic asexuals to connect and discuss, in whatever depth, aromanticism.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello everyone!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vista9

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:40 am

Hello everyone! Very Happy

I’m 46 but have known I’m asexual since I was a child. Can’t remember exactly what age. When I was a student, in the early 80s, I used the word asexual to describe myself to friends on one or two occasions, but the predictable response was “there’s no such thing!” so I let the matter drop. Haven’t mentioned it again since. I came across Aven about a year ago so it’s nice to see that now a few more people have heard of it!

Also nice to see that there’s a forum for aromantics as well, but we seem to we seem to be a tight-lipped bunch, don’t we? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Hello everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello everyone!   Hello everyone! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 1:17 am

Hello and welcome.

It would make sense that the word wasn't known in the 80s, it wasn't around then. I think the asexual community only started in 2003 and after. I'm glad the years of not really knowing haven't left any negative impact on you - well, any that you've mentioned.

Yes, this website is rather quiet but it would be fair to say that it's about the quality and what's posted rather than the amount of posts. I'm not saying fast discussions are bad but sometimes it's nice to take part in something calmer.

Anyway, welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here.
Back to top Go down
https://aromantics.forumotion.com

Hello everyone!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aromantic Asexuals :: Community :: Introductions-
Jump to: